PRIVACY IS IMPORTANT TO ARGO
Here at ARGO, your privacy is important to us and this policy provides an overview of how we employ, disclose, and process your personal data.
HOW YOU ACCEPT THIS POLICY (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
INFORMATION WE REQUEST FROM ARGO USERS
We collect and some cases retain the following types of information from our users:
- Personal Information (Account, Contact, Location): In the course of registering for and using the Site and/or Services (whether as a Client or Officer), we may require or otherwise collect information that identifies you as a specific individual and can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). Examples of Personal Information include your name, password, profile picture, email address, postal address and phone number.
- Payment Information: If you use the Site and/or Services to make or receive payments, we will also collect certain payment information, such as credit card, PayPal or other financial account or payment processor information, wire transfer details, tax numbers, and billing address.
- Identity Verification: We may collect Personal Information, such as your date of birth, or taxpayer identification number, to validate your identity or as may be required by law, such as to complete tax filings. We may request documents to verify this information, such as a copy of your government-issued identification or photo, photograph of user or a billing statement as proof of address.
- Device Information: Information automatically collected about the device used to access the Site and/or Services (such as, but not limited to, hardware, operating system, browser, etc.).
- Location and Geolocation Information: Information automatically collected to determine your location, including your IP address and/or domain name.
- Log Data: Information that is generated by your use of the Site and/or Services that is automatically collected and stored in our systems and within our server logs (including but not limited to geo-location information, unique device information, system activity and an information related to the Site and/or Services you use.
- Communications: Information that you provide to us in correspondence, including with respect to ongoing user support and communications with Officers.
INFORMATION COLLECTED FORM THIRD PARTIES
We may collect or process the following information from third parties as well as the users themselves: Officer Profile - work experience and history, educational history to enhance profiles.
INFORMATION THAT IS AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED BY ARGO
- Date and time Information you create through the ARGO’s website or mobile applications.
- Various analytics data, such as: (i) the IP address of the computer you use to access the Site and/or Services; (ii) the type of browser software you are using; (iii) the operating system you are using; (iv) the date and time you access or use the Site and/or Services; (v) the website address, if any, that linked you to the Site and/or Services; (vi) the website address, if any, you leave our website and travel to; and (vii) other non-personally identifiable traffic data.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED BY ARGO
Personal information is data that can be used to identify you directly or indirectly, or to contact you. Our primary purpose for collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and effectively customized user experience. Accordingly, we may use your personal information to:
- We collect personal information to provide you with our Services. When we require certain personal information from users it is because we are required by applicable law to collect this information or it is relevant for specified purposes.
- Please bear in mind that certain information you provide to us that is not required is voluntary.
- Accordingly you are free to choose whether to provide us with the types of personal information requested, but we may not be able to serve you as effectively or offer you all of our Services when you do choose not to share certain information with us.
- For example, we collect personal information to (i) comply with applicable laws and regulations; (ii) provide the Site and/or Services and customer support you request; (iii) process transactions and send notices about your transactions; (iv) resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems; (v) prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms of Service; (vi) customize, measure, and improve the Site and/or Services its content and applications; (vii) deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Services may contain links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit Personal Information from you. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
THIRD PARTY ANALYTICS PROVIDERS, AD SERVERS AND SIMILAR THIRD PARTIES
ARGO works with (or may in the future work with) network advertisers, ad agencies, analytics providers and other vendors to provide ARGO with information regarding traffic on the Site and/or Services, including user interactions with the Site and/or Services; to serve our advertisements on other web sites, mobile apps and elsewhere on the Internet; and to provide us with information regarding the use of the Site and/or Services and the effectiveness of our advertisements. Our service providers may collect certain information about your visits to and activity on the Site and/or Services as well as other websites or services, they may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device (including cookies and web beacons), and may use that information to show you targeted advertisements. Some of these parties may collect Personal Information when you visit the Site and/or Services or other online websites and services. Our third party service providers include: Payment and credit card merchant services providers, Cloud and other hosting providers, storage, networking and related providers, as well as marketing and analytics providers.
THIRD PARTY PRIVACY POLICIES
Users of our Services may access third party websites and or utilize third party services that are packaged within or supplied by and through the Site and/or Services, subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such third parties. Users acknowledge and agree that ARGO is not responsible for any third party terms and conditions, nor for privacy policies and use of information by such third parties. For example ARGO has software integrations with the following third-party services that you will need to use in order to enjoy the Site and/or Services: Stripe and its privacy policies are available at: https://stripe.com/privacy
COOKIES AND OTHER INFORMATION COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
When you access or use the Site and/or Services, we may use industry-wide technologies such as “cookies” or similar technologies, which stores certain information on your computer and which will allow us to enable automatic activation of certain features, and make your Service experience much more convenient and effortless. We may also use certain third- party tracking technologies. These are a different kind of cookies, stored on your computer by third parties, rather than by us. This kind of tracking technology is deployed or used each time you visit the Site and/or Services, and also when you visit certain websites or applications that use similar cookies.
We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and service providers may also employ software technology known as “web beacons” or “tracking tags” to help us keep track of what content on our Services is effective and to serve relevant advertising to you. Web beacons are small graphics with a unique identifier that may be invisible to you, and which are used to track the online activity of Internet users. Web beacons are embedded in the web pages you review or email messages you receive. Web beacons or similar technologies may be used for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count visitors to our Services, to monitor how users navigate the Site and/or Services, to count how many emails that were sent were actually opened, or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
We do not sell your personal data to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize the Site and/or Services, content and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or participate in our ad programs, you can send an email to email@example.com
Surveys may be conducted by us and others through our Services. You are not obligated to respond to polls or surveys, and you have choices about the information you provide.
We may collect feedback from users about their experience with Officers.
Our Services may provide you the opportunity to participate and post content publicly in forums, on blogs, through interactive features and through other communications. Please note that certain information, such as your name and profile may be publicly displayed on the Site and/or Services along with your postings.
USER PROFILES AND CONTENT
Officer profiles and Officer generated content may be fully visible to users of our Services. Such materials can also be partially or fully visible to others on or off of our Services (e.g., third-party search engines).
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
ARGO takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure the information it collects and stores about Users. All access to the Site and/or Services is encrypted using industry-standard transport layer security technology (TLS). When users provide or enter sensitive information (such home address), we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). ARGO also employs HTTP strict transport security to add an additional layer of protection for our Users. However, ARGO cannot guarantee user security and users are reminded that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Thus, while ARGO strives to protect personal data, ARGO cannot ensure and does not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
YOUR CHOICES AND OPTING OUT
Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of the Site and/or Services (for example, administrative and service announcements) via email and other means. You may opt-out of receiving marketing emails from us by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails.
ONLINE TRACKING AND HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
Online tracking is the collection of data about an individual’s Internet activity used to deliver targeted advertisements and for other purposes. Some web browsers (including Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome) incorporate a “Do Not Track” (DNT) or similar feature that signals to websites that a visitor does not want to have his/her online activity and behavior tracked. If an online service elects to respond to a particular DNT signal, the service may refrain from collecting certain personal information about the browser’s user. Not all browsers offer a DNT option and there is currently no industry consensus as to what constitutes a DNT signal. For these reasons, many website operators, including ARGO, do not take action to respond to DNT signals. For more information about DNT signals, visit http://allaboutdnt.com.
COOPERATION WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT
We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information that we reasonably believe is necessary to: comply with the law or a court order; cooperate with law enforcement; enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of ARGO, our employees, our users, or others.
If you delete your account from any of the Site and/or Services, uninstall any ARGO software applications including but not limited to any mobile applications from your device, or request that your information be deleted, we still may retain some information that you have provided to us to maintain ARGO or to comply with relevant laws.
AGGREGATED PERSONAL DATA AND NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share or disclose aggregated personal data or non-personal information with service providers or with other persons we conduct business with, including but not limited potential third-parties for the purpose of showcasing the performance of the Site and/or Services. These service providers and other persons may also share with us aggregated non-personal information that they have independently developed or acquired. Additionally, we may combine aggregate information from the pixel tags, web beacons, and cookies with similar data we collect from other visitors to help us improve our Services. When doing so, we use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the any aggregated information cannot be linked back to you.
INTERNATIONAL USERS AND VISITORS
ARGO is hosted in the United States. If you are a user accessing the Site and/or Services from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please be advised that through your continued use of the Site and/or Services, which is governed by US law, you are transferring your Personal Information to the United States and you consent to that transfer.
CHILDREN'S PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may only use the Site and/or Services if you are 13 years of age or older. In accordance with the Federal Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), ARGO will never knowingly solicit, nor will ARGO accept, personally identifiable information from users known to be under thirteen (13) years of age without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian. If you are under 18 years of age or not of legal age to form a binding contract in your place of residence, you must have your parent or legal guardian’s permission to use the Site and/or Services. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d) as amended, ARGO hereby notifies you that parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available and may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your personal information with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to us at our designated address and receive the following information: (a) the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and (b) the names and addresses of third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. You may make such a request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Phishing websites imitate legitimate websites in order to obtain personal or financial information. Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to ARGO. For more information about phishing, visit the website of the Federal Trade Commission at www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0003-phishing . In addition, if you believe you have received an email or had a similar interaction with a third party pretending to be ARGO or an Officer, please report it at email@example.com
QUESTIONS ABOUT PRIVACY? PLEASE CONTACT US.